Sunday, April 28, 2024

On Longing Assignment

 Personal Photo 1:


I chose this photo to highlight the ideas of impermanence as stated in the book. This is my dad's and I'm an old home, which inspired the major part of one of my ideas for the moment. The house is no longer ours hence why it's a memory, but also not permanent. 

Personal Photo 2:


This photo would dive more into the idea of change and new things in life creating memories, this one being the birth of my now 8-year-old niece, not only because I remember it so vividly but also because the change sense then has been before my eyes (her aging).

Personal Photo 3:

This one goes into the idea of lost items and the inavalabitity to get them back. This photo is from the first time I saw snow and how I havent been home to see it sence due to traveling. It would deeply intersting to dive into this idea through ideas in momento sculpture.


Personal Photo 4:

This memory comes from being with another person, also diving into the idea from the quote relation to lost items. The day my sister got her first car, and when me and her drove around in it when I was little. The idea of using two people and an item only using symbolism is very interesting for this project.


Personal Photo 5:

This relates to the first personal photo but instead is My moms and I's first house, that we no longer live in. It would be interesting to find someway to combine the two but also for the idea of loss in memory this would be a great one to dive in.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme Park Sculpture

 Theme Park Sculpture " Smoke and Mirrors" The work is made of "cotten fabric" dipped in Modge Podge, white "tissue...